Reviewing Your CV before Applying for a Job

Tell the truth. After a fair evaluation, decide whether you have a standout Curriculum Vitae (CV). Maybe you need to call in the experts for a makeover on a sorry looking eyesore? As a quick review, ask yourself these questions.



  • Have I selected the best format for my background and goals?



  • Does my CV illustrate to an employer the benefits of interviewing me – how I can handle the job, have positive work attitudes, get along well with others?



  • Does my CV stress my accomplishments and skills?



  • Does my CV contain negative information?



  • Are all my claims believable, backed up by measurable results, and true examples?



  • Does my CV have adequate keywords to allow automated searches to retrieve my CV and bring me to a searcher’s attention?



  • Is my CV inviting to read with good, clean layout and adequate white space?






dummies

Source:http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/reviewing-your-cv-before-applying-for-a-job.html

No comments:

Post a Comment