Use Twitter Shorthand

Because of the 140-character limit for tweets, people often abbreviate common words and phrases on Twitter. The following table has abbreviations, or Twitter shorthand, that you see often. You will most likely want to use the shorthand, so the table illustrates its use in Twitter messaging.
























































































































Twitter Shorthand
AbbreviationWhat It MeansUsage
4ForWhat do you want it 4?
4UFor youI have something 4U.
BFNBye for nowOff to work, BFN.
BTWBy the wayBTW, I stopped by your office.
DMDirect MessageSent you a DM.
FYIFor your informationFYI I’ll be there.
ICI seeIC you’ve changed your avatar.
IMHOIn my humble opinionI think that’s bad IMHO.
IRLIn real lifeCan’t wait to meet you IRL.
LMAOLaughing my *** offThat’s so funny! LMAO!
LOLLaughing out loudOK, I’m LOL!
OHOverheardOH (at the beauty salon): Love your haircut.
OMGOh my goshOMG I can’t believe I watched that video.
ROFLRolling on the floor laughingAnd now I’m ROFL.
RTRetweetRT is what you see when someone repeats one of your tweets to
their followers.
RUAre youRU going to the tweetup?
TweetPost a comment on TwitterHave you posted a tweet today?
TweepsTwitter membersI got RTs from 6 tweeps today.
TweetupA real life meet up of Twitter membersWhere’s the tweetup?
TwitterverseThe world of TwitterWelcome to the Twitterverse!
TYThank YouTY for all the RTs.
W00t!Yay!W00t! I got a deal at the store today.



dummies

Source:http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/use-twitter-shorthand.html

No comments:

Post a Comment