Hiring a Divorce Attorney

Hiring a trustworthy divorce attorney is an important decision, whether you work with them from the beginning to end of your divorce or on a limited basis. Your attorney can affect the cost, course, and outcome of your divorce. To find the right attorney to help with your divorce, ask these questions when you meet:



  • How long have you been practicing divorce law and how many cases have you handled?



  • If I hire you, will you or someone else with your firm handle my case?



  • If my spouse and I can’t agree on an issue in our divorce, how would you to help us break our stalemate? Would you suggest we try mediation?



  • Do you practice collaborative divorce law?



  • Have you ever had a case like mine? How did you handle it?



  • What do you see as the strengths and weaknesses of my divorce case?



  • Knowing what you know about my situation, how would you proceed if I were to hire you?



  • If I call you, how quickly can I expect to have my calls returned?



  • What is your hourly rate and can you give me an estimate of how much my divorce will cost?



  • Will I have to pay you a retainer? If so, how much will it be?



  • What sort of expenses should I expect to pay, and how much do you estimate they will be? Are there things I can do to minimize them?



  • Will you provide me with an estimate of my expenses and an explanation of what those expenses may include?



  • If my divorce goes to trial, will you continue to represent me or will you recommend another attorney?











dummies

Source:http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/hiring-a-divorce-attorney.html

No comments:

Post a Comment