Questions to Ask a Mortgage Loan Modification Expert

When facing home foreclosure, you may want to discuss your options with a loan modification expert. Screen candidates carefully to make sure they have what it takes to successfully modify your mortgage. Always ask the following questions:



  • Are you licensed or certified, and if so, in which profession?



  • How long have you been in business?



  • How long have you been doing loan modifications?



  • How many loan modifications have you handled?



  • Of the total number of cases you’ve taken on, how many resulted in an affordable loan modification?



  • How many successful modifications have you negotiated with my lender?



  • How many clients have you turned away?



  • Who’s going to negotiate on my behalf?



  • Are you an attorney? Will I meet with an attorney?



  • How many hours does an attorney spend on my file?



  • How much do you charge?



  • Do I have to pay upfront?



  • What’s your refund policy?



  • If I reject the lender’s offer because it isn’t affordable or reasonable, do I get a refund?



  • I’m also considering Company XYZ; are you familiar with them?











dummies

Source:http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/questions-to-ask-a-mortgage-loan-modification-expe.seriesId-129243.html

No comments:

Post a Comment