Getting the Facts When Considering Surgery for Arthritis

Surgery is either the end of all your troubles or the beginning of a whole new set of problems. Before agreeing to go under the knife to address your arthritic condition, ask your orthopaedic surgeon the following questions:



  • Do my symptoms and test results go hand-in-hand; is my diagnosis really confirmed?



  • Does the type of arthritis I have respond well to surgery?



  • Is surgery a permanent fix for my symptoms, or will it need redoing eventually?



  • What results can I expect from this surgery?



  • What risks are involved?



  • What is involved in the post-surgery rehabilitation?



  • Am I physically able to withstand the surgery?



  • What does the future hold if I don’t have surgery?











dummies

Source:http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/getting-the-facts-when-considering-surgery-for-art.html

No comments:

Post a Comment