Selling For Dummies (UK Edition)





>


Time Planning for Maximum Sales Success


Time planning for sales success starts with setting goals because that’s the only way you can tell what the most productive tasks are at any given moment. When you’re planning for the coming day of selling, ask yourself the following questions:



  • Did I accomplish all my high-priority items today?



  • Did I reach or surpass my goals for today?



  • Did I invest as much time in persuading others as I had planned?



  • Did I contact every prospect that I put on my list for today? If not, why not? What prevented me from getting to that prospect?



  • How much time did I spend prospecting for new clients?



  • How much time did I waste chatting with colleagues or clients?



  • What is the most productive thing I did today?



  • What is the least productive thing I did today?



  • Of the things I consider a waste of time, could I have avoided or eliminated any of them?



  • How much time did I spend doing something that will profit me? Can I devote more time to that activity tomorrow?



  • Was today a productive day for me? Was it productive for my company?



  • Did I take care of all the paperwork I needed to take care of today?



  • How many of today’s activities have helped me achieve my goals?




The answers to these questions will help you see what you’re doing right and let you know what you can improve upon tomorrow.





>



>


>


Keeping Sales Prospects Happy with a ‘Thank You’


Everybody likes to be appreciated. So use a follow-up system to let your customers know that you appreciate their business. The following list offers ten instances in which thank-you notes are appropriate, followed by examples of wordings you can use for the occasion:



  • For telephone contact: ‘Thank you for talking to me on the telephone. In today’s business world, time is precious. You can rest assured that I will always respect the time you invest as we discuss the possibility of a mutually beneficial business opportunity.’



  • For in-person contact: ‘Thank you for taking time to meet me. It was a pleasure meeting you, and I’m thankful for the time we shared. We have been fortunate to serve many happy clients, and I hope to someday be able to serve you. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call.’



  • After a demonstration or presentation: ‘Thank you for giving me the opportunity to demonstrate our product and discuss the potential association for the mutual benefit of our firms. We believe that quality, blended with excellent service, is the foundation for a successful business.’



  • After a purchase: ‘Thank you for giving me the opportunity to offer you our finest service. We are confident that you will be happy with this investment towards future growth. My goal now is to offer excellent follow-up service so that you will have no reservation about referring to me others with similar needs.’



  • For a referral: ‘Thank you for your kind referral. You can rest assured that anyone you refer to me will receive the highest possible professional service and courtesy.’



  • After a final refusal: ‘Thank you for taking the time to consider letting me serve you. I sincerely regret that your immediate plans do not include making the investment at this time. However, if you need further information or have any questions, please feel free to call. I’ll keep you posted on new developments and changes that may benefit you in the future.’



  • After a prospect buys from someone else: ‘Thank you for taking the time to analyse my services. I regret being unable at this time to help you appreciate the benefits that we can provide. We keep constantly informed of new developments and changes in our industry, though, so I will keep in touch with you in the hope that, in the years ahead, we will be able to do business together.’



  • After a prospect buys from someone else but offers you referrals: ‘Thank you for your gracious offer to give me referrals. As we discussed, I am enclosing three of my business cards, and I thank you in advance for placing them in the hands of three of your friends, acquaintances, or relatives whom I might serve. I will keep in touch and be willing to render my services as needed.’



  • To anyone who supplies you or gives you a service: ‘Thank you for your continued and professional service. It is gratifying to meet someone dedicated to doing a good job. I sincerely appreciate your efforts and thank you for serving me so well. If my company or I can serve you in any way, please do not hesitate to call.’



  • On an anniversary: ‘With warm regards, I send this note to say hello and, again, thank you for your patronage. We are continually changing and improving our products and service. If you’d like an update on our latest advancements, please give me a call.’







>



>


>


Getting Your Sales Patter Just Right


Most people don’t think they talk too much, but you’d be surprised by how much talking is done compared to how much is needed. To develop your ear and improve your sales technique, try these two simple exercises:



  • Listen to a salesperson selling to others or trying to sell to you. Pay attention to what her words are doing. While you’re listening, ask yourself these questions:



    • Do her words paint positive or negative mental pictures?



    • Do her words say anything that may raise a new objection to her product or service?



    • Are all her words necessary?



    • Does she ask questions and then carefully listen to the prospect’s answers?



    • Does she move forward with questions, or does she drift off course by talking about features and benefits the customer hasn’t expressed a need for?





  • Record yourself when you’re talking with a customer. You may be shocked at how much chatter you can cut out. To detect what you need to cut, ask yourself these questions:



    • What is the quality of the questions I ask?



    • Am I asking information-gathering questions to help myself move forward with my sale, or am I just asking questions to fill a sound void?









>






>
dummies


Source:http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/selling-for-dummies-cheat-sheet-uk-edition.html

No comments:

Post a Comment